This is a pretty significant release of SpamKit Plugin which provides some cool new features. This is checked into Subversion over at WP-Plugins.org and you can download the new version here spamkit-plugin.php.
Released as version 0.4:
* Added options page, this required sanity checks to prevent double definition of functions, implemented in a C-style #ifdef / #define pattern.
* Added full configuration functionality, this is done using built-in defaults, overridden by saved options making it upgrade proof.
* Added new EXPERIMENTAL check, comments posted by clients with no User-Agent string are auto-spammed and dont make it to the moderation page.
* Added new EXPERIMENTAL check, submitted email address is subject to format validation & DNS check for a mail exchanger.
* Updated to use Gerry’s new OO-based TBT code removing the dependancy on MCRYPT.
* Removed any path-dependant problems, making it compatible with all WP installs *i hope*.
* Added option to place trackback & pingbacks in the moderation queue, disabling this option causes them to be auto approved.
* Added option to moderate comments which fail TBT checks, disabling this option will mean the comments are automatically marked as spam and will never be seen.
* Because direct calls to this script (for the badge) cannot access WP or any options, there is no easy way to provide a configurable /tmp directory. There is however a configuration option to disable this functionality if it causes problems.